Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agent Monitoring issues

simon.spain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently We are running Cisco Agent Desktop version 6.1.3 with Call Manager 4.1(3)sr4 and IPCC Express 4.0(4)SR01.

Currently we are experiencing issues with voice monitoring some agents through Cisco Supervisor. Some agents can be monitored, other agents cannot be heard (i.e. no voice).We have also tried configuring the voice servers through Desktop Administrator (as found in Cisco documentation) for specific agents without success. Hence the reason for this thread.

All PC's are running exactly the same specification hardware.

Agents that were being monitored recently had a newer PC image build put on their PC (however had the same network card Drivers -> being Broadcom), however after the build had issues. One of the things that is usually done is checking the Post install file. This receives an error on the newer builds stating "Empty list error", however on the older builds shows a list to add and edit the voice servers.

here is a list of things that we have tried:

Checked the 'AppData.cfg' file to ensure that Voice monitoring turned on (Looks fine).

Checked the 'VoipMonDevice.cfg' file to ensure that Voice monitoring turned on (Looks fine).

Run 'DesktopMonitorTest.exe' to test the function (Works fine).

Run 'PostInstall.exe'. This fixed remote monitoring on all older builds. The older versions needed to point to the ip address of the PC, that's why they weren't working. Current builds give the 'empty list error'.

Run 'VersionInfo.exe' for driver dates and versions. all show the same.

So I was after some opinions on what to do next, and/or why when trying to configure the voice servers through Post Install we get the error "empty list error", and are unable to configure the servers manually.

Thanks

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Simon,

i have made a quide that may help you as well, i have made it in the past when i had to deal with broadcom/intel nics. i have also attached a pdf that describes tested and approved models for desktop monitoring.

Try the registry keys i have mentioned in the guide or in the Tested nics.pdf and see if that helps any.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Simon,

Whats the model number of the broadcom nic ?

Did you modify nic registry settings ?

Have you ran a sniffer to see whats going on on the agent computers and supervisor computers ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hi,

1. These are Broadcom gigabit 57xx Net extreme cards

2. Not to my knowledge but i have since learnt that the driver on the old build is older compared to the new build (9.52 compared to 10.26). I'm currently testing to see if rolling back to the previous driver makes any differnce

3. No but I fail to see how this makes any difference when the Monitor test proved ok, yet Post install recieves an "empty List error" when trying to configure the servers manually on the local PC.

Simon

Simon,

i have made a quide that may help you as well, i have made it in the past when i had to deal with broadcom/intel nics. i have also attached a pdf that describes tested and approved models for desktop monitoring.

Try the registry keys i have mentioned in the guide or in the Tested nics.pdf and see if that helps any.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Many thanks for the uides. We resolved one of the issues by reverting the PC build. Another was resolved by the documentation provided.

Thanks again.

simon