cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ports going up and down repeatedly

batouqmaa
Level 1
Level 1

We have certain fiber ports that are going down and up repeatedly for certrain amount of time before they get back to normal. This process is ocuuring once each week or month. Is this GBIC problem? cable problem? switch port problem?

The following are samples of the error messages in the switch:

Jun 2 04:23:57: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7, changed state to down

Jun 2 04:24:00: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7, changed state to up

Jun 2 05:19:30: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7, changed state to down

Jun 2 05:19:33: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7, changed state to up

Jun 2 05:59:29: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7, changed state to down

Jun 2 05:59:32: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7, changed state to up

1 Reply 1

Dear Batoougmaa

I have the same problem but this is in my Serial ports .

I think this is due to the cable that u r using . try to change the cables .

regards

sanju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card