Views
Helpful
Replies

Associate users to phones

ruben.montes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have recently integrated (LDAP) company's Active Directory with our CC 5.1(3) cluster.

Now we'd like to use the Owner User ID field in each phone to reflect the AD user.

Can this change be automated with BAT for example or should I need to do it manually?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

4 Replies 4

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ruben,

It can be done through BAT if you have CSV files ready with you along with respective user id's. Recommend to do it in batches if you have more number of users.

Hope the following link helps...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_0_1_cucm501/t14csvap.html#wp1232194

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Hello,

if I try to do an "Update phone" from the BAT menu, I can choose to do a custom or customized query to select the phones to be modified, but then I can only select the fields I want to modify with the value I want to modify: I assume it puts these same values in all the phones I have selected?

Am I doing it right or should I select a different option to do so?

Regards,

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

Hmm, sorry. The update of BAT feature allows to edit a single common property to all phones in bulk but your requirement differs here.

I did little research into BAT documentation for any specific feature to do it but found none.

But, I have a suggestion which may work.

1. Export one specific model IP phone details from BAT

2. Filter the output for 2 phones & Edit User ID's in the CSV data files for those 2 phones

3. Try to re-insert them with "Specific details" Insert option (not sure whether CCM throughs an error or accepts specific property update).

If the above does not work, delete 2 phones & now insert through same BAT updated file. If this works fine without any issues, then you can plan updating in multiple phases like doing for 100 users a day, and observe for any user complaints & then after proceed.

Let's also expect any other experts best opinion here...

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

For Export utility of BAT, the following link will help...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_2_3/bat_exp.html

With best regards...
Ashok
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: