Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting data collections to csv

angus.miller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Im trying to export data collections to csv via the documented "pm.bat export..." method. However there is no pm.xml file in the pm directory. There are data collections defined and I can export via the web tool.

How/when does the pm.xml file get created? Can I not access the rrd file content directly using rrdtool maybe?

MDS9000 firmware 3.2.3a

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

There are two methods of doing the Export, via FM and via CLI. Advised customer to ensure Performance Manager Server is actually running when doing export. Also, advised to try the export via FM to ensure that is working and then compare the export to the CLI method.

Use the Export from the command

Step 1:

Go to the installation directory on your workstation and then go to the bin directory.

Step 2:

On Windows, enter .\pm.bat export .

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

There are two methods of doing the Export, via FM and via CLI. Advised customer to ensure Performance Manager Server is actually running when doing export. Also, advised to try the export via FM to ensure that is working and then compare the export to the CLI method.

Use the Export from the command

Step 1:

Go to the installation directory on your workstation and then go to the bin directory.

Step 2:

On Windows, enter .\pm.bat export .

Thanks worked a treat! I have a few more questions if I may:

1) May I ask were this is documented? I checked the docs and they required a pm.xml file as a second argument... e.g pm.bat export C:\....pm.xml

2) What are the names of the csv files?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: