SDM availability

Unanswered Question
Jul 1st, 2008
User Badges:

The SDM is covered on the ICND1 and the CCNA exams. The prep books (Cisco Press and Todd Lammle's Study Guide) recommend downloading and becoming familiar with the SDM. They both say it is freely available from http://www.cisco.com/go/sdm, however when I go there to download it it says there is no software available ("There are no files of this type."). Has this been changed to require a support contract?

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
solpandor Wed, 07/02/2008 - 01:02
User Badges:

hi,

yes you do need a support contract to download SDM.

royalblues Thu, 07/03/2008 - 22:05
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

i think the passowrd needs to be your email address

Narayan

career2007 Fri, 07/04/2008 - 08:47
User Badges:

thanks for the reply i had tried

anonymous = username

password = password

anonymous = username

password = my email address associated with my profile

my user access level is guest access level I wonder how much this comes into play..

do you know of link of someone type of customer relations/tech support person I can IM to resolve?

career2007 Fri, 07/04/2008 - 08:53
User Badges:

ok i solved it the authentication banner gives bad info tells me to write anonymous and password as email...i typed in my my user name and password that i use to access this forum totally diffrent than anonymous and email it allowed me to download..thanks for your help all..

srivkind Fri, 07/11/2008 - 10:34
User Badges:

No you do not need an account.

You can download SDM ver 2.3.2 for free. Read the instructions for downloading. I think you can put in your email address as a password and log on with guest.

The demo only uses 2.3.2 though.

career2007 Sun, 07/13/2008 - 19:21
User Badges:

i installed 2.3.2 and down loaded the demo that is supposed to run on xp os how did you after copying data file to c\ directory how did you get the demo to run, typing in 127.0.0.1 is insufficient, 2.3.2 but i couldn't find executable file to install the demo..thanks

Actions

This Discussion