cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Pre pend or post pend digits

p.horwood
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed ES 132 onto Unity 4.2 to get the prepend digits option. Readme file states "if a caller dials extension "1000" while listening to the greeting for call handler "Sales", Unity will first search for extension "1231000456," and if found will route the call"

1) where is the option to prepend digits to a call handler?

2) if I have 8 digit subscribers defined in Unity how can i allow callers to route via 4 digits y prepending the first 4 digits

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look for this setting in Advanced Settings Tool:

Administration - Expose pre-pend and post-pend digits for call handlers and subscribers.

There's a pretty good description included in AST for this. Have a read through that then report back if you still have questions. I'm not sure if there is any more formal documentation on this feature.

-Eric

Cant see it there. I was runing AST 104 and have now upgraded to the latest from CiscoUnityTools but still cant see this option I am runing 4.2(1) with es 132 installed

Ah ok, looks like the SA bits were only added in 5.0. So the AST setting won't show up unless you're 5.0 or later.

In the 4.2 ES version of the release, BulkEdit is the way to use this feature. Looks like BE got the feature added around version 87/88.

-Eric