Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX problem

rvr_76bg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a PIX 501 that 15 laptops are connected to (Internal interface). All laptops are going to a client's site over VPN and Internet. I have to block internet only on several machines (they dont need it, the rest needs it). I cannot block by IP because they are dynamically assigned and I can block a person that need Internet. I cannot block by MAC because there is no option in 501 to block MAC addresses. On the LAN sit only the laptops and the PIX internal interface. How about the idea to separate the LAN IP address range like this:

Instead of using /24 I can divide it on 2x/25. I can hard code the laptops that need interface with static IP/s, then I can edit the DHCP scope on the PIX to exclude the IP range assigned statically and finally block the Internet for DHCP IP addresses. For example if I have 192.168.1.0/24 I can divide it on 192.168.1.0/25 and 192.168.1.128/25. If I use addresses from the first subnet I can block Internet for second one and vice versa.

Do you have an idea??

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I don't want to involve additional server (only the laptops and the PIX).

I just want a simple solution if any.

Is the way that I mentioned before possible in your opinion. This PIX is production device and I cannot play with it, that the reason I didn't try it directly on the device.

Thank you.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: