cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting Voicemails

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

We have a few accounts (not attached to an actual individual) which we would like to keep all of the voicemails, is there a way to allow our users to check the voicemails for this account (either via phone or email), but restrict the deletion of these voicemails?

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

This is from the COS > features page:

Deleted Messages Are Copied to the Deleted Items Folder

Check this check box to move deleted messages to a Deleted Items folder. Depending on how Cisco Unity is set up, subscribers can access the Deleted Items folder by using Outlook, the Cisco Unity Inbox, or the Cisco Unity phone conversation.

The hard disk on the server where messages are stored can quickly run out of space when deleted messages are saved. To prevent this from happening, you can use the Message Store Manager utility, available in Tools Depot, to automatically purge messages according to a schedule you specify. See the Message Store Manager utility Help for details.

Voice Messaging subscribers can do the following tasks when this check box is checked:

Use the phone and the Cisco Unity Inbox (as applicable) to permanently delete messages stored in their Deleted Items folder.

Use the phone and the Cisco Unity Inbox to listen to, reply to, or forward messages in their Deleted Items folder, or to restore them to the Inbox.

Unified Messaging subscribers can do the following tasks when this check box is checked and when subscribers have their Outlook Inboxes set up to move deleted messages to the Deleted Items folder:

Use the phone, Outlook, and the Cisco Unity Inbox (as applicable) to permanently delete messages stored in their Deleted Items folders.

Use the phone, Outlook, and the Cisco Unity Inbox to listen to, reply to, or forward messages in their Deleted Items folder, or to restore them to the respective Inbox.

See the Advanced Settings tool in Tools Depot to specify that the Cisco Unity conversation request confirmation from subscribers before proceeding with a deletion of a single deleted, new, or saved message, and to change how the conversation handles the deletion of multiple deleted messages.

rlp

Hi ranpierce ,

Thank you for the reply, I think I just figured out my own question, I guess if I am adding a voicemail box (email box via outlook) I guess I just set the permissions at that level for that user to be able to listen to the messages, but deny the ability to delete for that particular user. I guess there isn't a way to do this from the phone?

Thank you for the quick response.

I know this has been a long time but I think there is a setting. Let me test.

Get back with you soon

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: