cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR Service parameter setting

tbrokaw
Level 1
Level 1

After you set this to true, on CM 5.1.3 do you have to restart any services or reboot the PUB?

15 Replies 15

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

Many parameter settings require the restart of the Call Manager service.

It is a good practice when changing or setting service parameters, to restart the call manager service to assure the new setting takes effect.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AAR parameter does not require a reset.

Chris

What then would prevent AAR from working? I had our vendor review my config.

1. Have AAR group setup

2. Have PT setup for AAR-PT

3. Have CSS setup for AAR-CSS

4. Have an LD route pattern under AAR-PT

5. AAR-PT is only PT in the AAR-CSS

6. AAR-CSS is applied to device level

7. Correct AAR group setup on line level

CAC is working with showing on phone screen that there is not enough bandwidth etc. Call never goes out. Call route is from remote office IP phone to Hub home office IP phone.

Thanks,

do all phones have the external phone number mask?

are you doing this within phones in the same cluster?

look into a CUCM trace, you will see if the call is attempted and what is dialed.

are you adding the necessary prefix to dial thru PSTN?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes all phones have an external phone mask

Yes phones are in same cluster, different locations physically and in CM

I never see the call attempted. In CUCM trace the last insert was about the display to the calling party of "Not Enough Bandwith".

You. The AAR group contains a 91 for prefix and long distance. There is a 91[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx in the AAR-PT.

After you see on the phone "Not Enough Bandwidth" do you see "Rerouting"

No I don't, not in the CCUM logs.

In that case AAR is not kicking in, maybe you do need to restart the CM service.

Ensure that the GW is in the correct Location as well, the remote location GWs need to be configured with that "Location" for AAR to work properly.

HTH,

Chris

They are in the same location.

There is a Service Parameter on Callmanager called "Stop Routing on Out of Bandwidth Flag" by default this is set to False, change this to True and it may resolve the problem.

That is one I haven't heard of. I have a case open with Cisco and that is more than they have come up with. I will run this by them. I am rating this one for just thinking outside the box here....Will follow-up on what happens...

We are using a single cluster with separate sites for locations to enable AAR. I read the description, and it has to do more with trunks and between clusters, which doesn't apply here.

Stop Routing on Out of Bandwidth Flag: This parameter determines routing behavior for calls through intercluster trunks when not enough bandwidth exists. Valid values specify True or False. When the parameter is set to True and a call that is being routed to a remote Cisco cluster through a route list is released by a remote Cisco CallManager because of the insufficient bandwidth of a destination device at the remote cluster, a local Cisco CallManager will stop routing the call to the next device in the route list. When the parameter is set to False, the local Cisco CallManager will route the call to the next device. An associated Location specifies the bandwidth of the device.

This is a required field.

Default: False

My previous post should have read:-

Stop Routing on Out of Bandwidth Flag, default = true, try changing it to false, not the other way round.

I don't believe this only applies to ICTs.

Thanks for my first rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: