cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CallManager Attendant Console 1.4 or Above

darylpotts
Level 1
Level 1

From what I am reading the Cisco Unified CallManager Attendant Console 1.4 server software can run on a MCS running CM. I have a CUCM-BE with a 7828 and need to have Attendant Console running on a client PC. Do you need server software runnig on a dedicated server for all 3 levels or just Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console & Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daryl,

In fact none of these 3 versions absolutely require a dedicated server. Here are the requirements;

Attendant Console 1.4

Server

• Any Cisco media convergence server (MCS) or third-party server platform certified to run Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1 and above; no separate server required for Cisco Unified Attendant Console

• Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/ps555/product_data_sheet0900aecd80185215.html

Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions 4.3, 5.1, 6.0 and 6.1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express is not supported.

Server hardware requirements of the Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console follow:

• Pentium IV 1 GHz or better

• 1-GB RAM

• 80-GB hard disk drive

• 100/1000 network [[is that what you mean?]] card

• SVGA (1024 x 768) display card with correct drivers

• Sound card

• Windows 2000 or 2003 Server plus SP2 running Windows English Regional settings

The server software for the Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console can be installed to a dedicated hardware server or loaded on a desktop PC. For mission-critical installations, a dedicated hardware server is recommended because shutting off the PC server will cause the Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console to lose Cisco Unified Communications Manager connectivity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e6a5f.html

Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.3, 5.1, 6.0 and 6.1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express is not supported.

Server hardware requirements of the Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console follow:

• Pentium IV 1 GHz or better

• 1-GB RAM

• 80-GB hard disk drive

• 100/1000 network card

• SVGA (1024 x 768) display card with correct drivers

• Sound card

• Windows 2000 or 2003 Server plus SP2 running Windows English Regional settings

The Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console can be installed to a dedicated hardware server or loaded onto a desktop PC. If the dedicated hardware server approach is used, up to five departments, each with 150 IP phones and two operator clients, can be supported with a single PC server. For mission-critical installations, a dedicated hardware server is recommended because shutting off the PC server will cause the Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console to lose Cisco Unified Communications Manager connectivity.

Hope this helps!

Rob

It does to a point but if I were to go with the business or department console then it looks like I need a server for the clients to connect to.

Thanks

Hi Daryl,

Yes, I see what you mean (you are most correct :) I was referring to the fact that for these two versions the Server can be built on a PC (not an MCS box) but they do require another server where AC 1.4 does not.

Sorry if I messed that up, but I think we are on the same page now.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yes we are and thanks for the info.