As call is assigned to agent, agent is put into reserved state

Answered Question
Jul 1st, 2008

CVP 3.0, ICM 6.0, Cisco Agent Desktop 6.0

When calling, agent is in ready state, her state changes to reserved and the technical difficulties prompt play. Once I hang up she goes back to the ready state. There are other agents in group and there are no problems. In looking at the PGA, I am seeing the following: CNetPort (01DCAB08)::ReceiveData, recv, WARNING,, Connection to host, connection reset by peer (WSAECONNRESET), Error number (10054). This agent was supposely working fine on Friday.

Any ideas???????????????

Thanks,

Melinda

I have this problem too.
0 votes

Yes, it's a recorded prompt - but where does it come from? The gateway? CVP? CUCM?

>I setup a label for 24548, pressed the option and went to the default of the CED. It ignored option 8 for the 24548

Melinda, I'm not sure what you are doing. What "option" is there?

Do you have a test number on the PSTN that you can call? Attach this test number to a call type which runs a very simple script.

The script it runs should just have the following 4 nodes:

* Start

* Send To VRU

* Label CVP_RC.24548 off the success port

* End off the failure port

Call the test number. If 24548 does not ring, then your problem has been narrowed down.

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Tue, 07/01/2008 - 08:58

Did you check Partition/CSS? CTI-Port/CTI-RP CSS should include the Partition where the Phone are in.

Also to deassociate the device of the Agent from your JTAPI user defined on CCM, delete the user in CCM, add him back, then associate the device to JTAPI, see if that work.

If not, recycle your PGs.

melinda.clancy Tue, 07/01/2008 - 10:09

Well, I did all that you suggested except for recycle the PGs. (Completely deleted the phone from CMM, reassociated to the PGUSER). I will have to wait for the after hours to do that. But this is what error is showing up on the PG now:CServiceBroker::HandleSystemEvent(). Error - No Agent Instrument provided in SYS_INSTRUMENT_OUT_OF/BACK_IN_SERVICE, along with the previous error. And of course she is not able to logon at all now, thru the desktop or the phone.

So you think, recycle the PG's is next?

Thanks, Melinda

Zin.Karzazi Tue, 07/01/2008 - 10:14

Can you check the following things before cycling the PG:

- The device Target for that agent is well configured

- try launching the desktop application on your PC and connecting to IPCC using her Credentials (just to be sure nothing is wrong with her desktop app)

- loggout the Agent from the Callmanager and login again (if you are using EM)

If that didnt help i would go for cycling the PG.

rbua Thu, 07/03/2008 - 00:37

Hi Melinda,

are you using extension mobility? If so deassociate the phone from the PG User then reassociate, have her perform an EM login and finally try to log into the desktop.

If no EM then the EM login part could be skipped.

The error message is host not available for the socket connection 10054, which means you might be missing a device target as others were saying or the extension got deassociated from the JTAPI user monitoring in call manager, usual workaround for this is to deassociate/reassociate or restart the CTI Manager service.

Regards,

Riccardo

melinda.clancy Thu, 07/03/2008 - 07:00

On restarting the CTI Manager, just on the publisher or the subscriber the phone is associated to or all 5 Callmanagers?

Melinda

None of the above.

In a cluster, you will only have two CTI Manager processes that the ICM system will connect to. The JTAPI on PGA will connect to the CTI manager on one of your main subscribers, and the JTAPI on PGB will connect to the other main subscriber.

Only one JTAPI feed is active at any one time - the active CTI manager is the broker for all CTI events up to ICM.

Phones that are homed to a different subscriber will send messages through intra-cluster signalling to the subscriber that has the CTI manager connection to the JTAPI client on the active PG.

Regards,

Geoff

kre8or2007 Wed, 07/02/2008 - 06:34

Make sure you have a device target set for that particular device.

melinda.clancy Thu, 07/03/2008 - 06:53

Thanks everyone for sticking with me on this, yesterday was fix PSTN day.

I did recycle the PG's on Tuesday evening and the agent is able to log in now. But when ready and called, the agent goes into reserved and I get the "we are experiencing technical difficulties. I triple checked the device target config - 24548.CCM_PG, 24548.CVP_PG_PIM1, 24548.CVP_PG_PIM2. I have disassociated her twice and associated her to the PGUSER. I logged in from my desktop as her and received the same error message and also went into the reserved state. Her phone is built just like the other agents. Do you think I should try removing all config of the agent out of ICM, remove her association, then associate and add the agent back into ICM? I am still seeing the connection reset by peer error 10054.

Please let me know.

Melinda

Zin.Karzazi Thu, 07/03/2008 - 07:31

On the CCM ->user-> is the "Enable CTI Application Use" aktivated? did you check the Device Target?

We had this issue a while ago and it was CSS/Partition related, can you recheck those?

Last thing i would do is removing Agent from ICM, this will remove all related Reportings in Webview related to that Agent, so be aware of this.

Now it sounds like a CVP problem. Is that message the CVP message?

When the router chooses the agent because they are the longest available in the skill group, it sends the precall message - reserving the agent. You see that.

It returns the device target label to the CVP routing client (you probably don't need a label for CCM as CVP routes all calls to agents in most scenarios), and now CVP has to get the call there.

I imagine it consults the gatekeeper to get the call up a gatekeeper controlled trunk to CUCM. Is this pattern in the gatekeeper?

Can you try a simple test script which just returns the label of 24548 on the appropriate CVP RC? Does the phone ring?

Regards,

Geoff

melinda.clancy Thu, 07/03/2008 - 08:51

I hope I answer the first question correctly, the error code is coming from the PGA and this error message is just a recorded prompt.

The very strange part about this is she says she was logged in and taking calls last Friday, but logged in as a phone agent. Phone agent acts the same way now. I have issues with desktop and agents getting logged out every once in a while, so I give agents the option of either or. She is a new agent and I only set her up last week. But I did have an issue with PGA in that looking at the ICM Service Control, all was grayed out, and no services listed. All agents had trouble logging in that day. I did set her desktop agent up while this issue was happening. The only way I knew to fix the PGA problem was rebooting the server and PGB. Once that was done, all was back to normal except her. You are probably thinking, dummy. But small excuse, they had not told me they were having issues until after I had set her up. Small chance this is the reason?

I setup a label for 24548, pressed the option and went to the default of the CED. It ignored option 8 for the 24548.

Thanks,

Melinda

Correct Answer

Yes, it's a recorded prompt - but where does it come from? The gateway? CVP? CUCM?

>I setup a label for 24548, pressed the option and went to the default of the CED. It ignored option 8 for the 24548

Melinda, I'm not sure what you are doing. What "option" is there?

Do you have a test number on the PSTN that you can call? Attach this test number to a call type which runs a very simple script.

The script it runs should just have the following 4 nodes:

* Start

* Send To VRU

* Label CVP_RC.24548 off the success port

* End off the failure port

Call the test number. If 24548 does not ring, then your problem has been narrowed down.

Regards,

Geoff

melinda.clancy Thu, 07/03/2008 - 14:32

What I did, I took a test script that I already had built, added the label of 24548 and made it option 8 of the existing CED that had 7 options already built. When I called that script, I selected option 8 for the label of 24548. My call was sent to the default of that CED instead of the 24548.

Monday, I will do as you stated above.

Thank you,

Melinda

Actions

This Discussion