Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones often reboot

dom.a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed a Unified Com solution based on a CCM 4.1(3) with a Vgw 2081 mgcp. initially this version of CCM did not support ip phones 7906 & 7911. I have patched this CCM to support these IP Phones. Everything is good apart that frequently some IP Phones (whatever the model 7906, 7911, 7970, 7961) reboots.

I have tried to fix this this issue by looking for the outcome of this patches but nothing...

Can you help,

Regards

7 Replies 7

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Are they rebooting or are they trying to re-register with call manager? I had users report the same behaviour as it turns out the phone was losing its connection to call manager due to QoS issues. The control packets were getting dropped and the phones would try to drop into SRST but as soon as they registered to the SRST router they would reset and re-register to CCM.

We were also using CCM 4.1(3)

Hi,

In my case, there is no SRST in the network. And when some IP Phones are rebooting/re-register), the others ip phones cannot make a call anymore (for this period).

Rgds

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmeware file are the phones using?

If you did not have these issues before the ugrade and no changes were made to the netowrk I would suggest opening TAC case.

Chris

look at the application log for further details of the reason

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The upgrade was made just after installation of the CCM, so it is now difficult to know if this issue existed before.

No vlan voice was configured in this IPT network. Is this can caused this issue ?

regards

Hi dom_a,

Could you post your configurations without any public ip addresses listed?

Since your not using a voice vlan your not seperating your voice and data traffic. I would imagine your having issue's with priority of the voice traffic. You should have a voice vlan and a data vlan.

Do you have QOS enabled on the network?

What firmware version are you using for the phones?

HTH, Please rate below if so!!

Regards,

Justin

Hi,

do you mean CCM configuration ? if yes how to collect it ?

No QoS enabled on the network.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: