Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH issue on CCM 5.1

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I am running CCM 5.1 (unicast) and running into the issue where the MOH source only works for a few phones (ie: operator). If i dial the operator and get put on hold, i will hear the MOH file so i know the file is working.

however, when a different user dials the operator and gets put on hold, she doesnt hear anything.

i have double checked the settings on her phone as well as mine and they match but she doesnt hear the MOH file when she gets put on hold.

This also happens on other extensions as well. Is there a global setting for MOH where it is applied to all phones in the cluster?

If i go to Find and list Music On hold audio files, it lists the moh file i want as In use for file status.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This setting is controller by the MRGL, so ensure that the users placed on hold have correct MRGL configured via either directly configured on the phone or (if that's empty) via the Device Pool.

HTH,

Chris

If my media termination point is associated with a different device pool, can i change that device pool to my current device pool and that would work cluster wide?

MTP is a medie resource under MRG which belongs to MRGL, MTP has nothing to do with your issue. You need to ensure that the MRGL assigned to the phone in question has Device Pool that has MRGL --> MRG which lists the MOH server. The MOH can be assigned to multiple MRGs and MRGs can be assigned to multiple MRGLs, same thing with Device Pool/MRGL.

I would not advise to blindly configuring MRG/MRGLs as these control which resources are invoked by whom and a good planning need to take place, especially if you have remote locations.

I would recoomad reading cisco CM SRND www.cisco.com/go/srnd and cisco CM Admin/Feature/System Guides.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris,

What you are saying totally makes sense...however my MTP is in a device pool that is separate from my phones.

What im trying to accomplish is to leave the exisisting device pools without having to change them on all the phones.

What is the scenario if the Device pool of the MTP is changed to match the device pool of the phones that they are currently in right now?

Thanks.

Chris,

Just to add, here is the response from the cisco tac.

"Assigning the MTP to the device pool the phones are in should take care of the issue. You will want to reset the pool after making the change of course.

MOH can be assigned to the Device Pool, Device or DN, as well as the default CM group of course."

You lost me, your original post was about MOH, yet you are concerned with MTP. These have nothing to do with each other, Media Termination Potin (MTP) has nothing to do with MOH.

Perhaps you mean MRGL as that's what gets assigned to Device Pool, then yes adding MRGL to Device Pool will solve your issue, however as I pointed out eariler ensure that the MRGL is local with local resoures preferred.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris,

I apologize if i wasnt clear..i was looking for a solution that would apply MOH clusterwide to all devices in the pool.

thanks for your responses and helpful info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: