cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11d on WLC4404 controllers and LAPs

dgray
Level 1
Level 1

We run 2 WLC4404 and 1 WLC4402 controllers (ver 5.0.148.0), with mostly air-lap1242ag ap's. A vendor REQUIRES that we use/enable 802.11d world mode on our APs, and I am having trouble finding if our setup will handle this standard. Our WCS system reports we are using IOS ver 12.4(13d)JA on the lightweight APs.

Can anyone verify that our current setup supports 802.11d, and also tell me how to enable it on controllers/waps? Thanks-

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might want to look at this:

Enabling Dynamic Transmit Power Control

When you enable Dynamic Transmit Power Control (DTPC), access points add channel and transmit power information to beacons. (On access points that run Cisco IOS software, this feature is called world mode.) Client devices using DTPC receive the information and adjust their settings automatically. For example, a client device used primarily in Japan could rely on DTPC to adjust its channel and power settings automatically when it travels to Italy and joins a network there. DTPC is enabled by default.

Enter this command to disable or enable DTPC:

config {802.11a | 802.11bg} dtpc {enable | disable}

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/3.2/configuration/guide/c32ccfg.html#wpmkr1085706

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Fella5. I have verified that dtpc is enabled on our 802.11a/b power status parameters. Especially helpful that text said dtpc is same as world-mode on autonymous IOS aps.

Glad to help.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card