Migrating AP's Between 4404 Controller Sets

Unanswered Question
Jul 1st, 2008
User Badges:

I am working with two sets of Cisco 4404 wireless controllers and would like to balance the AP's between the two sets. One set has 90% of the AP's associating with them and the other set only has 10%. Is there an easy migration tool I could use to move 40% of the AP's off the heavier used controller to the less used one. If not in the current controller software does WCS support this. The customer does not have WCS but I am curious if it does.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
Scott Fella Tue, 07/01/2008 - 18:27
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

  • Cisco Designated VIP,

    2017 Wireless

WCS will allow you to create a template so you can configure the primary and secondary controllers. Then you can push the template out to which ever ap's you want. It will be faster using WCS, but you can do this manually if you don't have wcs.

Actions

This Discussion

 

 

Trending Topics - Security & Network