cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP fine not found

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bunch of 7940 phones working on CME.

when booting the phones, some of them got a displayed message saying TFTP file not found. I reset them and i'm still getting the same message. What is confusing me is that all these phones were working great a week ago.

Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what file are they saying it's not found??

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

gary.simpson
Level 1
Level 1

Is it to do with the Distinctive ring list?

When the phone boots, it looks for two files, RingList.xml and DistinctiveRingList.xml, where you should define available downloadable Ring Tones. Both files, as well as ring tone RAW files should be defined as TFTP files.

You can find more information as well as configuration examples in the "Configuring Ring Tones" section in "CME Configuration Guide".

Hope this helps,

Gary.

It doesn't say which file. It's just saying:

TFTP file not found

Turn on debug tftp events and it will tell you which files it is looking for.

And where this debug should be activated? On the router? or I can use CALLMANAGER TRACE?

Turn the Debug on, on the CME. There are about 4-5 files that the Phone will look for when it is first connected. With this debug turned on you will see which file the phone is looking for and whether it found it. All the files must exist on the Flash and be configured in the CME CLI as follows:-

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.bin

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.loads

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.sb2

tftp-server flash:P0030702T023.sbn

tftp-server flash:P00405000700.bin

tftp-server flash:P00405000700.sbn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: