cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix501 Unable to Pre-allocate H225

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

Pushing h323 over a Ipsec tunnel between two Pix501's running 6.3 code.

Hope this is the correct place, since it is Video related.

Got a old pix 501 that is tossing out these errors:

Unable to Pre-allocate H225 Call Signalling Connection for faddr 10.63.30.12 to laddr 10.63.30.12/1720

10.63.30.12 is my local video endpoint.

The pix501 has a 10 user license on it. All that is run over this connection is one h323 call to an bridge on the other end.

What gives?

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

The "Unable to pre-allocate" message usually means you're running out of memory or available translations.

I'm sending you other mail with a link from where you will be able to download the latest

PIX code (6.3.4). Here is the upgrade procedure for PIX using a TFTP server -

You can download TFTP server from following link:

http://www.ncat.co.uk/Download/3cdv2r10.exe

Once you have downloaded and installed the TFTP server on a workstation, copy the

pix634.bin file in the root directory of the TFTP server. Verify connectivity to TFTP

server from PIX by trying to ping the TFTP server IP address from PIX. Once connectivity

is established, upgradation can be done by implementing only one command:

pix (config)# copy tftp flash

thanks for the link, I can snag it off cisco site as I have support for some 515's, 525's.

Never hurts to have the latest OS, that is for sure.

I also check my Xlate's and connections, only using 1 local IP connecting to 3 IP's via the IPsec tunnel. Reduced my H323 call down to 1024k due to quality issues on both sides.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: