cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flag favorite messages, display only favorites option

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I have found, over time, that there is fairly narrow subset of messages that I go looking for occasionally, when trying to remember some specific setup or configuration details.

I think it would be a Good Thing to be able to flag a message as a personal favorite, and to be able to bring up your "favorites" collection at the click of a button.

I suppose we could also be clever enough to see what messages are most frequently flagged and use that as a basis for another posting list ("Top 25 Overall Favorites," or maybe a list of favorites by topic, something like that).

Thanks again to the active NetPros, and to Dan B for his excellent oversight of the board!

Scott

6 Replies 6

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Scott,

A spot-on idea! I'll leave it to Dan B. to tell us the practicality but it sure would make an already very useful tool (this forum) even more of an asset.

I wish I could give you a "5" simply for posting the suggestion.

Cheers!

Paul

Looks like I can rate Scott a "5" for posting the suggestion. It didn't dawn on me earlier that the links might be active in the Rate This Idea box.

Live and learn.

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Scott,

First, thanks for the kind words. In regards to your suggestion, we did have a bookmark feature some time back. The concept never really took off so we removed it due to lack of interest. At that time we weren't smart enough to think of something as useful as a Top 25 Overall Favorites ;-) I really like that idea to help identify FAQs. No promises, but if this idea gains enough interest I can see if we can resurrect the code.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Scott / Dan

I obviously don't visit this particular forum as often as i should :-)

I think this would be a very useful idea. There have been a number of times when i have searched for a post i have seen before, whether my own or someone else's, that answers the question perfectly. Sometimes i find it, sometimes i don't.

I know you can search on the NetPro poster's name and the subject but quite often the subject is often not directly related to the problem or is a bit too general which brings up hundreds of answers.

A bookmarking system would seem to resolve this issue.

Just wanted to register my interest...

Jon

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Great idea - I'd really like to see this too.

Andrew.

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

It sounds like there is a renewed interest in bookmarks. Let me bring this up with the team and see if we still have the code. No promises, but will see what I can do.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links