cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accepting calls from an outside system?

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Do we need to configure anything to accept a call from an another system, may be another Call Manager. We do not need to call them but they will forward an incoming call to their system to our system to a number. thx

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

just a link between the systems, an ICT, a T1, you name it.

you need a link to pass the call from one system to the other, you can make the config only to work 1 way, that's no problem

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

So I understand that there is no need to add a new gateway or a trunk to ccm? But it doesnt work that way I think. Can they send a call directly to an extension to ccm without making any configuration to ccm? (The outside device that sends a call is named QUINTUM)

yes there is, that's why i mentioned that you need a link in there.

you need something over which the calls go, you name it trunk, T1, etc

no, you need some config in ccm

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Would you please tell me what config I need?

Link is ok, of course we need an ip connection between two devices, I mean do I need to make trunk, gateway or something else in ccm configuration for that outside device?

thanks

of course you need to make the config in CUCM, otherwise how can they connect??

i cannot tell you what to use, therefore i cannot tell you what you need to config.

if you know what you are going to use i can provide documentation on how to do so

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

ok can you tell me the documentation then please?

thx

what are you going to configure??

also on which version?

if you tell me that, i'll gladly point you to the documentation

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I want to configure 4.1 CCM. The other device (non cisco) will send me the call and I want to have this call forwarded to my CCM to an extension. So you tell me how do I have to describe that device (gateway, trunk?) in my ccm...

thx

Gateway Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

what I dont understand is all these devices are cisco devices, our device is not cisco but...

Hi Okan,

I think what Jaime so nicely indicated is that to integrate these two systems you will likely need a new Gateway (Cisco). For example, we use a Hybrid Cisco - Nortel setup, there are 4 PRI's configured between the two systems. The original config used Cisco 6608 blades but we now use 2x2811 ISR's with T1 VWIC's.

Here are some great docs (have a close look at the White Paper) that will show an example of Integrating systems to pass calls between the two;

Cisco Unified CallManager

Case Study: Nortel 61C PBX to Cisco IP Telephony Migration

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_white_paper09186a00801115e0.shtml

Nortel Meridian PBX and Cisco CallManager Integration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a008011888c.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: