Views
Helpful
Replies

Some questions on UC500 features and design

m.schlienger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a lot of question concerning the UC500 series design and features.

It is based on CUCME and CUE. According to the documentation I found, respectively versions 4.2 and 2.3.4 which are note the newest. Is this correct ?

Then, would a UC500 router fit in a classic network LAN/WLAN environment or is it design only to work with the UC5xx series of equipment ?

Is there an easy way to integrate into Windows Environment: CTI on applications, VM on Exchange/Outlook, connection/sync to Active Directory ? What about MS Live Presence ?

Is there an softphone (SCCP or SIP), suported on CUCME / UC500, that works on Windows Mobile Device ?

Are these call scenarios supported:

- call no answer forwarded to switchboard, if no answer from switchboard back to voice mail of initial destination.

- call transfered to another calling party, if no answer ringing back to initial calling party

- affect a DTMF sequence to a single button ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Martin

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, to answer you questions:

the more recent cme version for cue is 4.2. For CUE, is 3.0.3

The UC520 works with any network equipment.

There is really not much integration with MS excpet Call Connector.

Thee is an SCCP client for certain Nokia smartphones. Windows Mobile would use SIP.

You can do all the call flow scenarios you described.

Please rate post if it helps!

Thanks for your answer.

Any hints for the configuration on described flow scenarios ?

Thanks

Martin

These are all call forward configurations under ephone-dn.

As an appreciation to those providing naswers, please rate useful posts!

but if I have a no answer forward to switchboard on a dn, how would I configure the call forward on the switchboard to make the call ends up on initial destination voicemail ?

flow:

calling party: 100

called party: 200

switchboard: 500

100 calls 200. 200 does not answer, fordwarded to 500. If 500 do not answer, back to 200's voicemail. I'm afraid it will end up on 500's voicemail if I call forward to VM number from switchboard DN ?

Second Scenario:

calling party: 100

called party: 200

transfered party: 300

100 calls 200. 200 transfers call to 300 who doesn't answer. How would 200 get back the call if already transfered ?

finally, how about the DTMF sequence assigned to a single button (for IVR portal use) ?

Thanks a lot

Hi, for the first scenario, since 100 is the original called number, that is the VM that will land to. There are settings in the CUE for that purpose.

2nd scenario, it doesn't really have a solution. If 200 cares about the call, should do a consultive transfer. Else if 200 is switch board, the regular setting of CFNA to 200 will be enough.

Finally, it is not really possible to store dtmf sequences in the phone.

third case, you can configure speed dials and if I'm not wo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: