cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager hardware + License

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I want to order a call manager capable of supporting 500 users.Can you tell me if the selection i made is right?

MCS7816H3-K9-CMB1

LIC-CM6.0-7816=

LIC-CM-DL-100=

LIC-CM-DL-500=

UCSS-UCM-1-100

If not make a suggestion

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The 7911s weighting is 3 and the 7961s are 4, so you would only initially need 46 DLU's. However if you were extending to say 400 7911's and 100 7961s, you would require 1600 DLU's in total.

Hope this helps,

Gary.

View solution in original post

The minimum you can order is 10 at a time. So for 1 7911 phone (which uses 3 device lisence units), you would order LIC-CM-DL-10=.

I have attached an excel spreadsheet that you can use to calculate exactly how many DLU's you require.

Gary.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

gary.simpson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yep looks good. Perhaps you'd want to order "MCS7816H3-K9-CMB2" instead. This ships with CUCM 6.1 rather than 6.0 on the CMB1 part no.

Also, can't really say if your DL's are correct without knowing how many phones and what type of phones. As you are probably aware, the phones are weighted, so just make sure you have taken that into consideration.

You can use the dynamic configuration tool on CCO to give all the part numbers you need to order.

Hope this helps,

Gary

For now only 10 phones 7911 AND 4 phones 7961 but i will extend later to up to 500.

The 7911s weighting is 3 and the 7961s are 4, so you would only initially need 46 DLU's. However if you were extending to say 400 7911's and 100 7961s, you would require 1600 DLU's in total.

Hope this helps,

Gary.

What is DLU you mentionned?I don t know what it corresponds to in what iam ordering

Thanks

The DLU is Device License Unit. On your kit list above "LIC-CM-DL-100=" & "LIC-CM-DL-500=" are your Device licenses.

So, as in the above example i gave for 1600 DLU's for your 500 phones, you would order 3 x LIC-CM-DL-500= and 1 x LIC-CM-DL-100=.

Basically there are two types of liences you have to worry about when ordering a CUCM system - Seat licenses and DLU's.

For each CUCM server you have to buy one "LIC-CM6.0-7816=". These are your seat licenses. Then for each phone you have to order the appropriate number of DLU's.

Hope this makes things a little clearer.

Regards,

Gary.

gary,

I have a similar question:

I am deploying a 5 units CM6.1 on 7825 in one cluster.

Is the 1000-seat license is required? Do I need the 1000-seat license for 7825 for each of the servers?

What happens if I do not install 1000-seat license, I have been informed that there are several deployments that worked without the 1000-seat license.

FYI, the DLUs is sufficient to accommodate 1200 telephones.

Hi,

"A license must be ordered for each server in a Unified Communications Manager cluster irrespective of server function (e.g. MOH, TFTP, warm standby server, etc). The license should match the number of seats on the cluster.

Cisco Unified CallManager Software can be ordered for use on servers bought directly from HP or IBM. “Software only” is ordered via a single SKU for each server and must match server model."

Notice that for MCS you match users and for HP/IBM you match server models.

If you order one MCS 7845 but need only 1000 users - order the 1000 user license - LIC-CM6.1-7825=.

If you need 5 MCS servers in a cluster - order 5 licenses based on the number of users. 5 MCS 7845 and 1000 users will require 5 times the 1000 user license.

If you order a HP or IBM server you should order the exact license for each server and cannot mix them. So if you by a HP DL380 G5 with 2 CPUs for your 1000 users you'll have to get the corresponding license - CM6.1-K9-380G5D.

Here is a link to the Ordering Guide. It says Cisco Confidential for some reason so I guess it won't be correct to attach it directly here.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/orderguide_ucm6_1.pdf

BR,

Stoyan

Hi,

I have another question, is it true that if we were to order using CUWL, the SEAT license is not required?

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I really appreciate your answer.So for 1 phone purchased,what is the equivalent number of LIC-CM-DL-100= and LIC-CM-DL-500= ?

The minimum you can order is 10 at a time. So for 1 7911 phone (which uses 3 device lisence units), you would order LIC-CM-DL-10=.

I have attached an excel spreadsheet that you can use to calculate exactly how many DLU's you require.

Gary.

Gary,

Would you mind if I have an unprotected copy of the excel spreadheet.

Cheers

Sorry gary,misunderstood the spreadsheet, no need

Thanks a lot

csco11142276
Level 1
Level 1

Also, the UCSS you have included is only for 1 yr and 100DLU licences. you may wish to rewise it.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: