Views
Helpful
Replies

Patching CSM and LMS servers

leo_zidane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have one servers running CSM v3.1 and another server running LMS v2.6. They are both Window server 2003 R2 standard edition service pack 2. I am currently going to patch Microsoft vulnerabilities patching on it. Is it going to impact CSM and LMS? Anyone has any encountered installing Microsoft patches and have problems after that.

Thanks alot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After installing Veritas on each server, open the System control panel, and go to the Environment variables section. Adjust the Path variable so that the CiscoWorks elements come before the Vertias elements. Then reboot.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

robv
Level 1
Level 1

advise to avoid any .NET packages. other than that, I've had no issues but YMMV. good practice would be to ensure you've got a fresh backup of LMS before addressing each ongoing monthly MS patch-Tuesday cycle.

good luck!

.NET 2.0+ is fine if you are running DFM 3.0.3 or later or DFM 2.x.

For my LMS, the DFM is 2.0.6 so .Net 2.0 is it fine to install? .Net below 2.0 i just ignore is it?

Why .net packages cannot be installed?

Does this applied to CSM as CSM don't have any DFM?

I have a WCS v4.2.62.11 and ACS v4.1(1) too. Did you all encountered any problem in these two softwares too?

Yes, .NET 2.0 or higher is fine. There was a DLL conflict triggered by .NET (among other things) which broke DFM 3.0. The bug was fixed in DFM 3.0.3.

I don't work with the WCS product, and I only do LMS integration work with ACS. However, I have not had any problems with my ACS 4.0 box and Windows 2003.

Since CSM don't have DFM so .net packages are ok to install is it?

However i like like to install a software called Veritas Backup exec remote agent to backup LMS and CSM will it have any impact?

Yes, it can. You'll need to make sure you adjust the Path environment varibale after installing Veritas so that the CiscoWorks elements come first. If you do not do this, Apache and or the DbMonitor processes may crash.

How you adjust the Path environment varibale? So this applies to both ciscoworks and CSM is it?

After installing Veritas on each server, open the System control panel, and go to the Environment variables section. Adjust the Path variable so that the CiscoWorks elements come before the Vertias elements. Then reboot.

I only need to make sure all the ciscoworks services are before the Vertias elements is it? For example:

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CiscoWorks Daemon Manager

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CWCS Cmf database engine

CWCS rsh/rcp service

This applies to CSM services too?

I don't understand the question. There are LMS services, and not all of them will be found on a CSM server.

Sorry i think i misunderstood.

For CSM does i need to do the same?

Adjust the Path variable of the CSCOpx elements come before the Vertias elements.

Yes.

ok thanks alot. For ACS did u do the same for the path "thing" or don't have to do anything?

I don't use Veritas, and I do not know if there are any known incompatibilities with it and ACS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco