Patching WCS server

Answered Question
Jul 2nd, 2008

Hi all,

I have one servers running WCS v4.2.62.11. It is a Window server 2003 R2 standard edition service pack 2. I am currently going to patch Microsoft vulnerabilities patching on it. Is it going to impact WCS? Anyone has encountered installing Microsoft patches and have problems after that?

Thanks alot

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 8 years 6 months ago

I have not ran into any issues as of yet. Your best bet is to make a backup of the WCS, just in case you have to re-install WCS and do a restore.

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Scott Fella Wed, 07/02/2008 - 03:29

I have not ran into any issues as of yet. Your best bet is to make a backup of the WCS, just in case you have to re-install WCS and do a restore.

leo_zidane Thu, 07/03/2008 - 17:08

However i will like to install this software

Veritas Backup exec remote agent to backup my WCS. Will it have any impact?

Scott Fella Thu, 07/03/2008 - 17:43

Don't know.... some things does make the WCS go goofy. Your best bet is to do the install and once you are done setting up the WCS perfome a backup of the database. Then go ahead and install the remote agent and reboot the server and see if the service starts. I would also do a backup anytime you do any changes to the server that you think might impact the WCS. Creating templates and importing the maps can be a pain. You always can create an image of the server when your done. I have clients that prefer putting WCS on a VMware just so they always can retore it.

leo_zidane Thu, 07/03/2008 - 17:48

Just do a backup using the backup.exe at the WCS folder is it, the file type will be ending with .nmsbackup is it?

Actually i did not perform a restoration before? Is it as simple as installing the WCS software and doing a restore from the backup file will bring WCS up? I ever tried restoring an ACS from a backup file but it keep failing.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network