Views
Helpful
Replies

Patching WCS server

leo_zidane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have one servers running WCS v4.2.62.11. It is a Window server 2003 R2 standard edition service pack 2. I am currently going to patch Microsoft vulnerabilities patching on it. Is it going to impact WCS? Anyone has encountered installing Microsoft patches and have problems after that?

Thanks alot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not ran into any issues as of yet. Your best bet is to make a backup of the WCS, just in case you have to re-install WCS and do a restore.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not ran into any issues as of yet. Your best bet is to make a backup of the WCS, just in case you have to re-install WCS and do a restore.

-Scott

However i will like to install this software

Veritas Backup exec remote agent to backup my WCS. Will it have any impact?

Don't know.... some things does make the WCS go goofy. Your best bet is to do the install and once you are done setting up the WCS perfome a backup of the database. Then go ahead and install the remote agent and reboot the server and see if the service starts. I would also do a backup anytime you do any changes to the server that you think might impact the WCS. Creating templates and importing the maps can be a pain. You always can create an image of the server when your done. I have clients that prefer putting WCS on a VMware just so they always can retore it.

-Scott

Just do a backup using the backup.exe at the WCS folder is it, the file type will be ending with .nmsbackup is it?

Actually i did not perform a restoration before? Is it as simple as installing the WCS software and doing a restore from the backup file will bring WCS up? I ever tried restoring an ACS from a backup file but it keep failing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: