Views
Helpful
Replies

Patching ACS server

leo_zidane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have one servers running ACS v 4.1. It is a Window server 2003 R2 standard edition service pack 2. I am currently going to patch Microsoft vulnerabilities patching on it. Is it going to impact ACS? Anyone has any encountered installing Microsoft patches and have problems after that?

Thanks alot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Generally, patches do not cause any issues. But issue can come up in case you are running acs on unsupported platform.

For instance if you server is running on multiple processors (ACS supports multiple processors from software ver 4.1.4).

Check the release notes to know about software compatibilities.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Generally, patches do not cause any issues. But issue can come up in case you are running acs on unsupported platform.

For instance if you server is running on multiple processors (ACS supports multiple processors from software ver 4.1.4).

Check the release notes to know about software compatibilities.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

However i will like to install this software

Veritas Backup exec remote agent to backup my ACS. Will it have any impact?

I don't think it will cause any issue, but we have not tested it.

As per the software features, chances of it causing issues are minimal.

Regards,

~JG

I know that CSM and LMS do have some conflict with this Veritas Backup exec remote agent. So i wondering whether ACS has or not?

Previously I tried previously restore the config of the ACS when my server crashes but it failed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: