Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN & Internet

m.sawalha
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

i want to Create 7 VLAN to seprate the network, now every vlan will use defrent subnet id from the others.

now my question is is there a way to connect the 7 VLAN to internet using ADSL Router

and Please Tell Me what i need to do that.

Note: i have one internet connection and the IP address is Dynamic from the ISP.

Thank You All

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

ok, you need to create 8 vlans, the first 7 are for what you have mentioned above, also dont forget to create the interface vlan x, interface y etc, and then assign it an ip address from the subnet, this will be the clients default gateway address.

Next, create the 8th vlan, vlan 200 or whatever, and give it an ip address of your choosing or from the default subnet that is assigned to the adsl router, say for example the adsl router has a default ethernet address of 192.168.1.1 then you could creat vlan 200 (vlan number can by anything) and assign it ip address 192.168.1.254, then configure the adsl router with the static routes to route to your interlan vlans (1-7) via the vlan ip address.

Finally on the switch, enable ip routing, and ceate a default static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 (or whatever address the adsl ethernet has)

That should be you!

HTH,

PS. Dont forget to config DNS server on clients or they wont be able to browse.

LR

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

can you revert back on the router model you are using out there ?

Ideally you can terminated all the VLAN's onto the router and create subinterfaces for each respective VLAN's.

Once you are done up with that you can have PAT configured on your router with overload onto your WAN interface which will be your outside interface.

regds

Dear Spremkumar

thank you for the POST but i want to tell you somthing! im not a pro in VLAN and Cisco Devices, after 21 days i will take a CCNA Course to improve my self in that subject.

now my boss asked me to create a 7 vlan's and connect the VLAN's to the internet.

i know how to create the VLAN's but i dont now how to connect the VLAN's to the internet

should i use ADSL Router and let it work as NAT Service or Should i buy a Managed Cisco Router and how i can do it?

thank you

Note:Please dont laugh on me Hahahahhahah?

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

ok, you need to create 8 vlans, the first 7 are for what you have mentioned above, also dont forget to create the interface vlan x, interface y etc, and then assign it an ip address from the subnet, this will be the clients default gateway address.

Next, create the 8th vlan, vlan 200 or whatever, and give it an ip address of your choosing or from the default subnet that is assigned to the adsl router, say for example the adsl router has a default ethernet address of 192.168.1.1 then you could creat vlan 200 (vlan number can by anything) and assign it ip address 192.168.1.254, then configure the adsl router with the static routes to route to your interlan vlans (1-7) via the vlan ip address.

Finally on the switch, enable ip routing, and ceate a default static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 (or whatever address the adsl ethernet has)

That should be you!

HTH,

PS. Dont forget to config DNS server on clients or they wont be able to browse.

LR

WoW thats REALLY Helps Me thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card