cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't start CSAuth on local computer under a user account

dkuzmenkov
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Cisco ACS on Window Server 2003. I can start all the services as a local administrator. But then I following the installtion guide to start the service using user account. The services won't start.

When I try to start CSAdmin, I got an error message: Could not start the CSAdmin service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

When I try to start CSAuth, I got a different error message, which is: Windows could not start the CSAuth on Local Computer. For more infomation, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 74.

Domain user password is OK!

1 Reply 1

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Make sure that the user running acs services should have domain admin rights along with act as a part of OS and logon as service rights in domain security policy.

Checkout this link,

Configuring for Member Server Authentication

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/installation/guide/windows/postin.html#wp1041304

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: