cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voicemail, email notification

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we have a standalone VMO system. How can we configure email notification to customers corporate network, i.e. send an email to jbloggs@pqr.com (our unity is in unity.com).

Can we use forwarders in our DNS configuration - input the customers DNS servers into our DNS forwarders tab so that pqr.com can be resolved by our domain (which may be unity.com). So the message notification is sent to jbloggs@pqr.com from our domain unity.com....If anyone has a detailed guide on how to setup then please send it to me(not just cisco's few lines in message notification)cheers, Jag

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

VMO and Message Notification are 2 different things. VMO is Viewmail for Outlook (app) and Message Notification is when Unity notifies you that there is a voicemail via phone, pager, or so forth.

I will see if there is some doc.

rlp

Randy,

sorry sir, when I say VMO I mean Voice mail only (standalone on box)...cheers, J

No worries,

VM Only, :-)

rlp

rlp, any ideas on my original question?

sorry got busy on a unity issue here, I will take a look.

rlp

Message Notification way,

Select the device that you want to use for message notification. For text message notifications, consider the following:

To set up SMS (SMPP) text message notifications, click SMS (SMPP). Enter the SMPP provider that you want to use on the System > SMPP page. In addition, if your site uses a firewall, open the port(s) used by the SMPP server so that Cisco Unity can communicate with it.

To set up text message notifications so that Voice Messaging subscribers receive an e-mail notification in the Inbox for their respective e-mail clients when a new voice message arrives in their Cisco Unity Inbox, click Cisco Unity Inbox. Your site must have an SMTP gateway to use this option.

Enter the URL for the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA) on the System > Configuration page so that it is automatically included as a link in the body of the e-mail message that is sent to the subscriber. (Subscribers use the Cisco PCA to access their Cisco Unity Inboxes.)

To set up SMTP text message notifications, click Text Pager 1 or Text Pager 2. Your site must have an SMTP gateway to use this option.

This should do it, you need a SMTP gateway and to use CPCA.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: