cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Install accounts..

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to replace an older Unity server and the customer here has no idea what the accounts used for installation were. The standard names do not appear in AD either. Is there a was to findout the accounts used throught Unity itself?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

What version to what version? Basically you can look in services app and see. The UnityInstall and UnityAdmin accounts will not be there but when you run permissions wizard they might show.

The main account are dirsvc and msgstoresvc anyway and they will be in the service app.

Hope this helps

rlp

skralik
Level 1
Level 1

In the back of the Reconfiguration and Upgrade Guide, there's a list of Unity services and the accounts they log on as. Start the Services MMC, and check the accounts that the applicable services log on as. For example, the AvCsGateway service logs on as the UnityMsgStoreSvc account. If the AvCsGateway service on your Unity box logs on as Gobbledygook, then Gobbledygook is your message store service account.

Scott

run the permissions wizard, usually the accounts that were selected will show up in there. just don't run the full tool, just up to the point where it selects the accounts and then cancel

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi -

Another thing you can check is your server's Administrator Group. These accounts should be local admins on the Unity server. Right-click My Computer on the Unity desktop if in classic view, or select the Start bar and right-click My Computer. Select Manage. Expand System tools, then expand Local Users and Groups in the console. Select Groups. Double-click Administrators. You should see the unityadmin account, unitydirsvc account, unityinstall account, and unitymsgstoresvc account OR whatever they were named when created.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: