Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager 6.1.1

Hello,

I have a cisco call manager 6.1.1 i have this call manager connected to a switch and then i have an ip phone connected to the same switch. hence the phones and call manager are on the same lan. i am not able to get the phones registered with the call manager. im using the web interface. please let me know how i can get the phone (cisco ip 7940) registered with the call manager

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you already configured the phone in CCM??

have you pointed the phone to use CCM as the TFTP, using DHCP or by manual config?

what does the phone says??

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

i added the phone using the web interface i filled in all the required fields, the phone gets an ip address when i reboot it, but when i go to the call manager web interface it shows that no ip address of a phone or no phone is detected

I am not sure if i have done the right steps, can you please tell me how i can tell the phone to use the CCM as the tftp server, i kno i can manually do tat but i tried it , and it gives me the same problem the call manager doesnt seem to detect that the phone is present.

are the TFTP services running??

is CCM running?

do you have the node license??

do you have the feature license??

if using DHCP set option 150, if manually then just type in the phone the ip of CCM as TFTP

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I got a new license for it and it started working, Thanks.

However i jus entered the setting manually into the phones through the CCM web interface. Could you please tell me how i can configure the calll manager using the command line. how do i make the ccm a DHCP server so tat it assigns the iP address itself to the phones.

ok, glad to hear that.

this new version allows you to configure stuff but without the right license it won't work at all.

you need to understand that linux appliance CLI is only for certain things, and configuring the CUCM is not one of those. All needs to be done thru the CCMAdmin.

go to this link:

Maintain and Operate Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

download the PDF that matches your version, the name is:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 6.??

download the one for your version

once you have the link open it and browse under the system configuration until you see:

DHCP Server Configuration and

DHCP Subnet Configuration

Those will give you all the config steps, if you go to the CUCM menus and try them without looking at the guide you will see that they're pretty straightforward

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: