cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk on non-standard port

RICK MANCINELLI
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! We are trying to setup a SIP trunk on CME 4.2. Having done this a bunch of times before, we went about doing it the usual way. (no registration) Unfortunately, this particular carrier insists on using a non standard SIP Port. So instead of 5060, they are using 5070. I tried specifying a session target of ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5070 on my dial-peers but that didn't work.

Debug CCSIP All shows nothing on inbound calls. If I do a debug ip udp, I can see the inbound traffic on port 5070, but CME does NOT recognize this as SIP traffic.

Thoughts?

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

IP PBXs can access the PSTN using these types of trunks, but need a media gateway that converts the IP voice traffic to traditional PSTN, which sometimes can result in successive translation from IP domain to TDM domain. These successive translations increase the maintenance costs of the gateways, increases latency, and reduces voice quality.In order to avoid these problems, the IP PBXs use protocols for session initiation and management, the most prominent of which is Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

Refer the following url for more information on configuring SIP Trunking on CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/401/integration/guides/e41bcu42.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: