cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdALL ... Can I use this on my Line 2 DN?

david.kelsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been trying to work out how I can forward all calls made to Line 2 on my phone (7961).

Whenever I go 'off-hook' on line two, the CFwdALL option becomes 'false' and if I try pressing the softkey I get the message, 'That key is not active here'.

I've had a look through the Softkey Layout options and I can't identify a possible solution.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You can achieve the desired result by logging into the ccmuser page and setting the call forward all for secondary lines there. The CFwdALL softkey only operates on the first line.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080916196.shtml

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Michael.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

This is an excellent question :)

Currently Cfwdall is only supported for Line 1 on the phone. The only method available to Cfwdall Line 2 etc. is to do it from ccmadmin or the ccmuser web access page.

There is also a third party product called;

IPPhone callForwarder

This new version brings to the user the ability of defining and setting the call forwards from the IP Phone. When selecting the IP Phone callForwarder service, a menu with all available lines will appear. After selecting the line the user wishes to set the forward on, a new menu containing the forward definitions will show on screen. Only those forwarding parameters definied by the Administrator will be displayed. These parameters will show the actual forward destination. The user can then set any of these callForwards.

From this good link;

http://www.myvoipsource.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=85

There is a feature/bug request open for this problem CSCdr03425 (Thanks Neeraj!). This bug is still outstanding:(

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Michael, you are too fast for my horrid typing skills ;-)

Rob/Michael,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy.

I should have said that I knew it could be done from ccmadmin & ccmuser. It's strange that it's not an option on the phone.

Because we're currently running CCM4.1(3) I thought it might have been a limitation of the version we're running.

Thanks again for your help and the links you both posted.

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: