Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Static IPs with Bellsouth/ATT with 877W

I have heard that setting up a bellsouth/att ADSL connection with multiple static IPs is nearly impossible. I was wondering if anyone here knew how to do it. I think they distribute a /28, and the Netopia routers they provide for business customers use a feature called "IPMaps" or something weird like that. If I can confirm that it is possible to do this, then I'm gonna go ahead and buy two 877Ws, and setup a site-to-site vpn with them.

Thanks,

Preston

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

yes you can use "multiple IPs" for anything you like with a cisco router. E.g. map them to internal servers, use some for browsing some for VPN, etc.

Only, the learning curve with cisco is very steep, make sure you can resort to a competent person in case of problems.

It is not recommended that a beginner tries anything more than a very basic configuration with cisco products. The consequence is usually an huge loss of time and frustration.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card