Installation ICM -UCCE

Unanswered Question
Jul 3rd, 2008

Hi Everybody

I am installing Rogger and HDS Server firstly. I am using this doc: "System IPCC Enterprise Installation and Configuration Guide, Release 7.0(0) (updated May 2007)".

But I have some questions:

- Do I need Join Rogger Server into Domain before intalling ICM Software?

- Have I done Join HDS server into Domain before installing SQL server 2000 sp4?

I cann't find these in the Installation Guide document. Maybe , I haven't used correct Installation Guide Doc yet.

Please explain to me .

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rbua Thu, 07/03/2008 - 00:56

Hi,

1) HDS and Logger need to be on different servers

2) They need to be joined to the domain before running the install.

3) SQL Server SP should be installed before joining the domain

Regards,

Riccardo

Thucnk_FPT_FIS_6 Thu, 07/03/2008 - 01:06

Hi Riccardo,

Yes , I install HDS and Rogger in separate servers.

I find some documents. But I can't see what you say. I refered Microsoft Engineer in my company. He said that: "You need join Rogger and HDS server into Domain before installing Microsoft SQL Server 2000". I am not sure this.

Thanks

rbua Thu, 07/03/2008 - 01:27

Hi,

it will do both way. Basically you need a domain joined system before doing the ICM Software install.

If you MS engineer recommended to do it before installing the SP it will work anyway.

Regards,

Riccardo

>3) SQL Server SP should be installed before joining the domain

I don't do it that way. It's better to be in the domain because you really want to run the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent under different domain accounts that you have already created. See page 98 of the Staging Guide.

You can install first allowing these services to run under Local Admin, then come back later and change them. But that's a pain.

Why not join the domain first? Got any reasons I may have missed?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Thucnk_FPT_FIS_6

1. Why are you referring to the System IPCC doc? Are you installing System IPCC or IPCC Enterprise?

2. Rogger (Router+Logger) should be on a different server as AW+HDS+Webview. But for lab purposes you can combine Router+Logger+PGs+AW+HDS+Webview on a single server, this config is called Sprawler.

3. As per Domain Joining, you should join the domain before SQL, SQL patch and ICM install.

Thucnk_FPT_FIS_6 Sun, 07/06/2008 - 03:56

Hi Kartik,

You are fine.

I refered some docs ( System and IPCC enterprise). But I still can not answer my questions about Domain and SQL issue in IPCCE.

I also think System IPCC and IPCCE are same in Staging preparation requirement.

Thank you .

Actions

This Discussion