Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express, call redirect problem?!

Hi,

I deployed an unity express 3.1 and in my script, I want to transfer the call to the receptionist. if she don't answer to the call or if she's busy, I want to play a message and ask to the caller is he want to wait longer or to leave a message.

So I have my call redirect step and in the busy branch, I set a play prompt ...

but the caller never arrives in the busy branche.

I know that in the previous version of unity express/callmanager express ... it was not possible to use the busy branch because the callmanager express couldn't monitor the calls. So when it transfered the call to an extension, the script lost the control of the call.

I tried to find a document on it but I couldn't :/

Do you know if it's still the same with CME 4.1 and CUE 3.1 ?

Thanks you in advance,

Thierry

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

take "debug ccsip message" with "term mon" on the router. This will let you see what if anything is returned to CUE in case of a busy extension.

Thanks you, I will try it !

So you think it should work with CME ?

Thierry

You need to make sure the CUE is configured for semi-attended or attended (i.e. not blind) transfer methods. Blind is the default because in the first few CUE versions, that's all that was available (based on the SIP stack that was being used). The default was carried through all the releases, for consistency. This is configured in CUE under 'ccn subsystem sip' ('transfer-mode ...'). After changing that make sure you exit and save the configuration in CUE.

Hi Markus,

Thanks you for your help !

I changed the transfer-mode to attended and semi-attended to test it.

It worked : The script can monitor the phone. So if the phone is busy, the script continues in the busy branch. If the phone don't answer the call, the script continues in the unsucessful branch.

The problem is when the phone answer the call : the guy take the handset but he don't receive the call ?! for that he has to push on the button behind the hook. So to make a hookflash ?!

I don't think it's normal behaviour. Do you know if I have to adapt the CME configuration ?

Thanks you in advance,

Thierry

Hi,

I need the same more or less, play a prompt after a call redirect when the user do not get the phone... my problem, I have no idea how to know that.

If i use the call forward noan on CME config, I get the mailbox before playing the prompt, if I remove the call forward, I lost the call after the timeout defined in telephony-services arrives.

So how do you know when a phone has been redirected Ok, but the user do not take it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Fernando.

By the way, my UCCX is 2.3

Hi Thierry,

i'm having the exact same issue, when the call is not answered, the call still on the script but the user is not able to answer the call, did you fix it some how? can you share this info?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I changed the transfer-mode and it's working.

My problem is that after doing that, i'm having problem with the Caller ID. An incoming call that goes to the busy branch will show as a call from CUE until the call is connected. When that happens the caller ID will show as the external caller ID.

Any thoughts?

Nick

Markus,

I have a customer with an old Unity 2.3.3 system, and I am running into the same situation : A call that goes through Unity is not monitored for its state and cannot use the Busy branch on the script. Can you tell me if there´s any documentation that states it, to show it to my customer? I haven´t found anything explicit so far.

Regards,

Ariel.

rcordeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get the same but transfer to a hunt group and if no one answers for 30 seconds give another message and so on until the call gets answered.

Can you send me your script, I'm having a lot of trouble to get this to work.

Many thanks.

RC

That's a different scenario. CUE cannot do call queuing, where you pull back the call after some timeout. I was simply referring to the call flow, where CUE redirects a call and the phone system (CME) is able to return back a busy signal and CUE can handle it.

Hi, thanks for your help.

Do you have an idea on how to do what I want?

Hi,

Doing same with CUE AA and CME Hunt groups. Let me know if below solution will work or not and see if you've answers to my questions:

I added a Menu step under the Call-Redirect Busy and No-answer steps. I configured the flow to play a prompt and then if caller presses 1, the call goes back to Call Redirect step to check for available agent again, if caller presses 2 it goes to VM.

1) I want to know if I've sequential hunting and 4 agents in hunt-group, when would CME give busy signal? Is it when it tried ringing all the hunt-members or right after if 1st Phone is found busy?

2) And when would CUE fall-back to No Answer node, when the first phone goes unanswered or when it has tried ringing all the phones?

3) I believe the No Answer ring duration will be the "timeout" under ephone-hunt in this scenario, correct?

4) Or is there a way No Answer ring duration can be controlled within CUE i.e. something similar to "timeout" under "Select Resource" step in UCCX.

thanks in advance,

inner_silence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: