cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in HSRP confiuration -- Need help .................

Dipesh Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Sir,

We have 2 CORE Switches Connected each other.

HSRP is enabled on it.

3 Vlans ( 1,3,5 ) are active from core - 1 and other 3 vlans ( 2,4,6 ) are active from Core - 2.

Prob. 1 : Now for testing purpose when I shutdown vlan 3 from the Core 1 than in sh standby vlan brief cmd output I see vlan 3 in init mode . Is it ok or it should be standby in standby mode ?

Prob 2 : I have conected my laptop on gigabit eth of CORE 1 i.e gi2/1 in vlan 2 which is active from CORE 2.now when I shut vlan 2 from CORE 2 than I can not ping CORE 2 from here. I can ping CORE 1.

than what is the cause behind this pls tell me ...I m condufed in this.

Pls reply soon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

The HSRP state will be in init mode when you shutdown the interface SVI

When you shut down the SVI, you cannot reach that SVI address and hence ping to core 2 fails. you can however still access the HSRP ip address

Narayan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

The HSRP state will be in init mode when you shutdown the interface SVI

When you shut down the SVI, you cannot reach that SVI address and hence ping to core 2 fails. you can however still access the HSRP ip address

Narayan

Dear Sir,

Thanks for 1st Que.

I have yet confusion in 2nd one. When I shut Vlan 2 which is active from CORE 2. Now as I shut that vlan from Core 2 than vlan 2 will be active from CORE 1.

Now If I ping CORE 2 from CORE 1 than it is working than why not from my laptop which is connected to CORE 1

Dipesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco