Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUPS from 1.0.3 to 6.0.3 unknown Error

eemara949
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am tring to upgrade CUPS from 1.0.3 to 6.0.3 by using this patch cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.0.3.1000-12.tar.gz

I burned the patch in a DVD and when reaching the "Apply additinal release" window i got three options to install the patch which are:

1) STFP

2) FTP

3) Local

i choosed local which is the DVD option as mentioned in the cisco document and i got the following error:

" No Valid patches found on DVD "

but i can see that setup didnt' even go to the DVD to check the patch

Any bodu can help me???

Note:

Error message is attched

Kindly advice.

Regard,

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the name of the file is not correct, it should be:

cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.0.3.1000-12.tar.gz.sgn

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Dear Mr. Valencia

I changed the file name and trying to upgrade from the CUPS Operating System Administration Webpage through FTP and i got the following error

"

The directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, a machine cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored. "

Kindly help.

Dear Mr. Java,

I reached to the final point of upgrading and i got the error as attached in the screenshot

I attached the logs file as well.

Please help,

there are a lot more logs needed to tell the exact cause of the error. a couple of things could cause the error:

not enough space in HDD or a server not compatible with that presence version. did you verified your server can support CUPS 6??

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

But how to verified my server for supporting CUPS 6 ?

this is the FIRST step prior to ANY upgrade, you can easily search within CCO for the documentation.

you ALWAYS need to check the HW compatibility before attempting ANY upgrade of ANY product

Compatibility Information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6837/products_device_support_tables_list.html

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java