642-901 (BSCI)

Unanswered Question
Jul 3rd, 2008

I am a CCNA Certified person and now i would like to wite 642-901 BSCI,can any one help me how to prepare (Book,Hands on Experence required)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
suelange Thu, 07/03/2008 - 05:50

Still studying myself so I can't say my method works for all. I have found that you need to expose yourself to at least 2 sources of study material, maybe more.

I found Bryant Advantage helpful for a guide and especially for the lab rental time and excercises. But I need more in depth explanation so I also got CiscoPress official study guide. Later I bought the Networking Academy lab work book and am using dynamips to work through that.

Be cautions of the test engine that comes with the CiscoPress guide. It's filled with wrong answers even after going on line and updating it, but the book is solid.

I also used book by Paquet and Tear but found it overwhelming. After reading these others I plan to go back to that book.

This a lot harder than the CCNA because there is sooooo much material, and I don't get work exposure to it every day because we only use 2 of the protocols on our network whereas the content covers at least 5.

Good luck.

rednie Thu, 07/03/2008 - 10:20

I wish I could help. I am also starting my work past CCNA. I just purchased about 800 worth of equipment to help. I will share any tips as I go further. My concern right now too is beyond reading to study, what are good resources to obtain that will tell run me through lab configurations on the equipment I just purchased. Is there anything that provides pre-defined labs? I don't want to use virtual training that costs (i.e. Boson) because I learn better with the equip at my fingertips. Thanks and good luck. Rich

dporod Mon, 07/07/2008 - 04:57

I used the Ciscopress Authorized self study guide and Dynamips. I also went thought the Ciscopress Official Exam Certification Guide but really didn't think this went deep enough and the testing engine is fairly useless, certainly wouldn't rely on this book as your only source.

Anthony O'Reilly Wed, 07/23/2008 - 00:53

I passed this exam last week at my second attempt and found it very difficult. I used CBT nuggets and Ciscopress books.

All I can say is know all chapters very well and take your time with each question on the exams. Good luck

johnlloyd_13 Tue, 08/12/2008 - 03:19

i read cnap curriculum, cbt nugget videos and dynamips for simulation. bsci is one of the toughest! i suggest to study hard for it..the others will just be a breeze

motorbikemanual Tue, 08/12/2008 - 04:25

Hi can someone please explain to me how I can use Dynamips?

I have the software downloaded but they are asking for a Cisco image file to be placed into the directory.

I have a few Cisco switches I bought of Ebay, do I simply copy the image from them and TFTP it to my computer??

This Discussion