Hi

I have a strange problem with a couple of routes on my Cisco cat3750 switches

SWITCH#sh ip route

Default gateway is x.x.x.1

Host Gateway Last Use Total Uses Interface

a.b.c.1 x.x.x.4 0:00 460318 Vlan1

a.b.c.2 x.x.x.4 0:00 25586 Vlan1

a.b.c.3 x.x.x.4 0:00 25570 Vlan1

The problem here is there is no static route on the switch or no network or routes learned. These are old records we had before we put in the leased lines (the current default gateway).

I'm unable to delete the routes using "no ip route" or "clear ip route" or "clear ip cache " commands.

I even tried to add a manually, a static route to overide the current route and still no luck.

I need you guys expert assistance here.

Kumaran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Well you can do two things here;

1. no ip routing - to disable ip routing, then remove the static routes from the config, save and reload.

Then enable ip routing again, they should be gone.

2. erase nvram, this will remove the current startup configuration, so that when you restart the switch is fresh. A bit drastic, but you could save the running config to text file, then just paste it back in when it comes up.

HTH,

LR

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Well you can do two things here;

1. no ip routing - to disable ip routing, then remove the static routes from the config, save and reload.

Then enable ip routing again, they should be gone.

2. erase nvram, this will remove the current startup configuration, so that when you restart the switch is fresh. A bit drastic, but you could save the running config to text file, then just paste it back in when it comes up.

HTH,

LR

you saved my day!

Solution 1 worked beautifully. It didnt strike to me to disable/enable ip routing.

Thanks very much!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card