cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 CiscoView 6.1.6

tbostwick
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to view the 2800 series routers via Cisco View. I have installed the device package. I am able to view 2600 series router and 3600 series however any suggestions?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of the Rtr2800 package did you load? What is the sysObjectID of the router you're trying to view?

Version 8.0 sysObject ID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.578

Thanks for the help

Please post the list of directory contents for NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/CVng/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/cvw/devpkgs and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cvw.

Here are the files you asked for.

You haven't properly loaded the Rtr2800 package. Shutdown dmgtd, then delete the Rtr2800.zip files from both directories. Remove the Rtr2800 directory from the devpkgs directory. Then restart dmgtd.

Then, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, check the box next to CiscoView, and click Check for Updates. Download all of the available CiscoView updates, and choose to install them via the GUI. Once that is complete, you should have working 2800 support in CiscoView.

Jclarke

I have started working on the problem again and it still exist. I have upgraded CV to 6.1.7 but that didn't help either. In CV it looks like it's loading the device and then about half way it freezes.

This is a different problem. It sounds like there is an SNMP timeout while CV is querying the device. Can you provide a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 traffic to this device when opening it in CiscoView?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco