Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephony: Extension Mobilityrestrict

eljose_lol
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i wish know how to restrict the user to log EM in some phones or one phone only,

for example: one user can only login at one phone.

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no, but the users will take the configuration from the particular site. there is no workaround to what you want (limit who can and who cannot log in a phone)

that would require the change of the whole way EM works right now. Reach you AM and ask if you can open a PER

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately this cannot be done, you can only enable or disable EM on a per phone basis but not select who can and who cannnot log in

if it's an EM enabled phone anyone can log into it, if it's not enabled, no one can log

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

hi, are you sure of that? have you another solution for this? that doesnt use of FAC,

unfortunately yes, i'm sure.

that would defeat the whole purpose on which EM is based: the ability to log on any phone and load your profile and preferences

the only things you configure on the phone are to subscribe it to the service and enable it for EM. that's all you get to configure on it. as i mentioned it's all or none, but not selectively.

unfortunately there is no WA for this. either you let any user or no user to use the phone.

FAC is for calls based on an numeric code, not for EM login logout, not sure why you mention it.

don't shoot the messenger =)

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Ok, thanks for the reply and answer, i wish explain the scenario:

users of office 1 should not login into office 2.

Both office has own Device Pool,Location,Region,extension, partition, etc. that`s the request.

have you considered device mobility??

please go thru the link:

Device Mobility

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/devmobil.html#wpmkr1043721

not sure if it would suit your needs

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

hi,

the extension mobility is the solution implemented on the users, with device mobility i can restric the login into region o device pool?

if you want add me at msn eljose_lol@hotmail.com

no, but the users will take the configuration from the particular site. there is no workaround to what you want (limit who can and who cannot log in a phone)

that would require the change of the whole way EM works right now. Reach you AM and ask if you can open a PER

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

ok, thanks very much for the help, i hope keep your contact via msn or email, jramos@desca.com and msn eljose_lol@hotmail.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: