Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 - Re-Boot issue

earl1casey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to this, but in doing configuring/testing of 5510s, I have an issue with just one unit. I'm bringing the SCL up to level 5 from either 0 or 2, then doing a config. for our customer, then running a test on all the connectivity. Once that is done, I then reload to factory defaults at which point this one unit fails to re-boot properly and I get the mssg.: Autoboot failed, rebooting. The unit then gets into a loop of cycling through this until I gave up and shut it down. Could it be a bad SSM Module, or is the mainboard messed up? Any thoughts might help me out come Monday when I go back to work... (General Dynamics C4 Systems). Thanks for any input.

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Might be the faulty clock module slot in ASA 5510. Verify your hardware througly.

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances Troubleshoot and Alerts

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/tsd_products_support_troubleshoot_and_alerts.html

Thank You for the response. It may be that it was intermittent, as several attempts w/in an hour resulted in the same issue,but it was resolved at least through one test cycle on the following business day. I shall pass the info you posted here on to my colleagues. Once again, Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card