cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel

dianewalker
Level 1
Level 1

We have a VPN 3005 Concentrator. One of my users is using Netvanta 3448 from Adtran. When he connects through VPN client, he can't access his internal network (printers, file sharing, etc.) What can he do so he can access his internal network while connecting through VPN? Thanks.

11 Replies 11

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Diane,

One of two things is possibly happening:-

1) The VPN profile is configured to encrypt all traffic.

2) You have configured split-tunneling, but the users LAN is the same subnet as the encrypted LAN.

Check you configuration on the 3005 - and ask the remote user what LAN IP Subnet they are using.

HTH.

We have configured Split Tunneling on the VPN Concentrator. The remote user is using the private IP address of 172.31.

Thanks.

What IP subnet are you allowing him to view over the VPN?

When remote users connect through VPN successfully, the IP address is assigned by the VPN Concentrator. The IP address is 169.230.XXX.XXX.

Thanks.

I understand that - what IP address is allocated to the remote VPN users?? What is the internal ip subnet range they are allocated via DHCP from the concentrator?

The internal IP addresses from DHCP from the Concentrator are from 169.230.251.100 to 169.230.251.200.

Thanks.

OK - so I am presuming that you have split tunneling enabled on the VPN concentrator? I am also assuming that the network ACL you have defined for the split tunnel does NOT contain 172.31.0.0/24 ??

You are correct. Thanks.

From all the information you have provided - he should be able to use his LAN. Can you get the VPN client logs from the user ands post - this would help to track down the issue?

Diane,

Check out this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a00806f34e6.shtml

Make sure Allow Local LAN Access is checked at the VPN client.

Jill,

Thanks for the information. It fixed the problem.

Diane

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: