cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CALLBACK for CALLMANAGER

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

IS THERE ANY FEATURE THAT CAN BE USED AS CALLBACK ??? forexample I call from phone A to phone B and then phone B recall phone A. I don't meen forward feature. Any idea?

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Press directories button, press 3, scroll in list and press Call softkey.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, take the time to click below to rate useful posts!

also we already have a callback function in case the called party is busy. when it's idle you'll get a notification and will be prompted if you want to dial again

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alexandr,

Just to add a note to the good info from Jaime and Paolo;

Callback-Requests callback notification when a busy called line becomes free. So when Phone A calls Phone B and gets a Busy signal A can request a Callback.

Callback Busy Subscriber

This feature allows callers who dial a busy extension number to request a callback from the system when the called number is available. Callers can also request callbacks for extensions that do not answer, and the system will notify them after the called phone is next used.

There can be only one callback request pending against a particular extension number, although a caller can initiate more than one callback to different numbers. If a caller attempts to place a callback request on a number that already has a pending callback request, the caller hears a fast-busy tone. If the called number has call forwarding enabled, the callback request is placed against the final destination number.

No configuration is required for this feature. To display a list of phones that have pending callback requests, use the show ephone-dn callback command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wpmkr1128179

For CCM;

The Cisco Call Back feature allows you to receive call back notification on your Cisco IP Phone when a called party line becomes available. You can activate call back for a destination phone that is within the same Cisco CallManager cluster as your phone or on a remote PINX over QSIG trunks or QSIG-enabled intercluster trunks.

To receive call back notification, a user presses the CallBack softkey while receiving a busy or ringback tone. A user can also activate call back during reorder tone, which is triggered when the no answer timer expires.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fscallbk.html#wp1026410

Hope this helps!

Rob

But I cann't assign automatic call. Forexample can I config that phone A will call phone B every 5 minutes? (Whithout feature that used by CCM to control state of line)

Hi Alexandr,

There is no built-in method to configure this type of repetative (sp?) Auto dial on any version of CCM. What are you trying to accomplish with this setup? Maybe we can come up with an alternate method :)

Rob

Hi,

I have to say that I'm not surprised by the low rating given to my post above, supposedly by "webstd.design".

Invariably, issues presented by this person never receive a reply good enough, be that because we "NetPros" are not smart enough to understand what is wanted (without being said explicitely), or Cisco doesn't make a product good enough for his/her needs.

Whatever the reason, I'll avoid to try helping "webstd.design" in the future. I wish he/she could could improve the attitude toward professionals helping for free, but that's unlikely as well.

I put you the max only for reason that you try to help others ;)

My task was based on that when I cann't call for some body , phone could redial automatic needed number. As I understood it's impossible..

Or maybe I should use some IP phone services?

Alexander,

I may have been a bit curt in my post above, and I apologize for that.

Consider, first you asked for callback and have been told how to do that, now seems what you want is automatic redial, that is something different.

Perhaps, not being English your first language, there is some difficulty in communicating.

Anyway, my understanding is that, probably because "redial last called number" is a single button operation, Cisco did not put an automatic redial feature in the phone, and it may be actually better that each user decides the interval between redial attempts, based on the nature of the called number.

Plus, having an automatic redial operation in background can be disturbing if you want to do other use of the phone while waiting to redial a number.

In any case, I hope you can find a satisfying way to use the system.

I want to use callback feature. Not redial.

As I know I can use this feature with TCL script, but how I can use this feature with CCM?

Hi Alexandr,

I have the same problem. Did you have any answer?

How I can use an automatic redial with callback feature on CCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: