cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to install RME 4.0.5 (LMS 2.6) over CS 3.0.6?

asapowell_1
Level 1
Level 1

In my new Solaris 9 server I've installed LMS 2.5.1 + LMS 2.6, but only the CS, CV and CM components, and later I patched it with CS 3.0.6 and CM 4.0.10.

Now I want to install the other LMS 2.5.1 + LMS 2.6 components, RME 4.0.5 and DFM 2.0.6. I wonder whether this is possible with the CS 3.0.6 already installed or otherwise how to proceed. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a bug where this is not possible. You will need to modify the NMSROOT/setup/*.info files for certain components to trick the RME and DFM installers into thinking that you still have LMS 2.5.1 installed. Then you will be able to install RME 4.0.3 and DFM 2.0.3. You should probably open a TAC service request, and have them help you getting these installed.

I think my organization doesn't have a support contract with cisco. But since the LMS server is not in production yet (although other small application sharing this server is), I can reinstall. Which is the best way to proceed?

Is it possible to uninstall the lastest patches and the LMS 2.6 to bring back my set up to LMS 2.5.1 status and from there to install RME and DFM?

If not possible, I think the only option is to 'rm -r' the whole /opt/CSCOpx directory. Right? Is this safe? Is there any other file of concern out of this folder?

Yes, performing an uninstall (using /opt/CSCOpx/bin/uninstall.sh), then reinstalling all the 2.5.1 components, and patching to 2.6 will also work. You cannot simply backout the LMS 2.6 update, and you cannot simply rm -rf /opt/CSCOpx.

Ok, so if I use the script to uninstall CM, I guess this will uninstall all the CM installed versions completely (not just the last one), right?

As I have to uninstall also CS, is there any advantage in using the clean_system.sh script before reinstalling?

Next, if I start installing from my 2.5.1 CDs (we have the 2.5 CDs too), is it possible to use my 2.5 upgrade license number also for 2.5.1 and validate it with our LMS 2.2 server? Or I need to install first 2.5 with the 2.5 license and then apply 2.5.1 that is able to automatically recognize the 2.5 license?

You can use clean_system.sh. The only caveat is that will will remove all CSCO software from the server, and not just LMS.

If you have 2.5.1 CDs, start with those. Install the 2.5.1 set, then install the 2.6 update CD. From there, you can download the 2.6 SP1 service packs from Cisco.com. The 2.5 license will work with LMS 2.5, 2.5.1, 2.6, and 2.6 SP1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: