Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 and a single VPN question

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Simple question, so sorry for the description.

I could.nt find where this would appear in the CLI, but on our ASA 5520's ASDM console if I go to Monitoring > VPN Statistsics > Sessions > Filter by Site-to-Site > Select a VPN and choose details > within details there is a ACL tab.

Mine says "ACLs are not being applied to this session"

Think is I have "no sysopt connection permit-vpn" on my config so I have had to create many ACE's within the default ACL's. So should I be worried?

Thing is I know ACL's/ACE's are in use because if I disable them then the traffic stops flowing over the VPN.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

I think you are speaking about "vpn-filter" command inside the group-policy

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/vpngrp.html#wp1134191

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

by the way, if you use ASDM it's usefull to see real commands before applying them.

Where do I find that looks great?

What are filters in a nut shell then? Is it another way of firewalling VPN traffic? If so I do prefer the ACE method I have done.

tools -> preferences

these filters are ACLs for traffic going within IPsec tunnel.

Hi,

I have done tools -> preferences thanks.

Are filters better than the way I'm doing it by controling traffic by ACE's in the Inside and Outside ACL/Interfaces of the ASA?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: