I've set up my ASA 5510 FW so that after I VPN in, I can access the ASA by ASDMing into the inside interface (172.17.193.1).
For some reason this is what happens:
1. I open up my VPN client on my workstation and connect to the outside interface of the ASA.
1. After connected, for ping testing purposes, I open up command prompt and did a "ping 172.17.193.1 -t", which is the inside interface of asa.
3. I launch ASDM client.
4. ASDM loads up until it hit 17%...at which point I get an Error window "ASDM is temporarily unable to contact the firewall". At this point, my ping test is now giving me Request Time Out. I click OK on the Error window.
5. The ping test changes from RTO back to successful ping. ASDM continues loading up until the device dashboard tab with the asdm syslog messages show up.
6. ASDM then hangs, and the ping test goes to RTO again.
7. ASDM hangs (can't click on it, can't close it down, etc) for about 2 min before it comes back alive. The ping test goes back to ping successful.
Anyone have an idea why it does that?
If I load up SSH to 172.17.193.1 by itself, it's fine.
If ASDM is hanging and I load up SSH, SSH obviously cannot connect.