Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 monitor stack member,topology map, colored syslog messages

aijaz802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using LMS2.6 with the default versions of other modules at one customer location, he need to implement the following issues, and I'm struck here.

I need to know whether we can view syslog messages in RME in color depending on the severity. Like Alert in red,error in brown..etc..

How do I know from ciscoworks when a switch in a stack is down/rebooted. Can I monitor the stack in realtime with some image..so that I can know when one stack memeber down.

In CM I have to make one base topology diagram showing main sites, when I click on the site, it should show me the devices under that site. Is it possible to do this?

Pls..guide me in this regard.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I do not believe Cisco Monitor Manager will provide a per-member stack view. It does, however, provide a topology map that shows fault information. CMM does not integrate with LMS, and is typically deployed to smaller organizations without any other NMS solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Syslog messages cannot be colorized in RME.

DFM can process traps from the CISCO-STACKWISE-MIB. Therefore, if your stacks are sending traps to DFM, you will get alerts in the DFM Alerts and Activities Display when a stack member goes down. The command you must have enabled on your switch to generate the STACKWISE traps is:

snmp-server enable traps stackwise

Campus Manager supports hierarchical views, but not from the Topology Map. If you create a Topology Group in Campus Manager, you will be able to display that view, but you will not be able to drill down from a parent view to its child. The one exception is with Switch Clouds. On the LAN Edge View, each group of connected switches will appear as a Switch Cloud. If you display the entire LAN Edge View, you will be able to drill into the clouds.

You can still create Topology Views such as:

Base Topology

---Site 1

------Building 1

---Site 2

------Building 1

You will be able to display each view by right-clicking on it from the main Topology Services window.

Hi Clarke,

Thanks for the fast reply as usual.

Do I need to install CISCO-STACKWISE-MIB.oid in NMS or it will be there by default?

Regards,

DFM has all the instrumentation built in already.

Thanks for the reply..

Is any other cisco mgmt s/w has ability to monitor stack memeber status graphically in realtime? Like it should represent 5 switches of a stack in graphical along with connections, if one member switch goes down, it should alert in realtime to the monitoring team.

I read about Cisco monitor manager, does this support. Can I integrate it with CiscoWorks LMS? Should be installed standalone.

Regards,

I do not believe Cisco Monitor Manager will provide a per-member stack view. It does, however, provide a topology map that shows fault information. CMM does not integrate with LMS, and is typically deployed to smaller organizations without any other NMS solution.

Thanks...for the response..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco