cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

876 IOS question

John_Kapi
Level 1
Level 1

Well i got my hands on a 876 router that my company had purchase 2-3 yrs ago.

The router has the 12.4(4)T3 IOS and the c870:adventerprisek9-mz.124-4.T3.bin system image.

So my question is : Is there any newer IOS that i can install in this router ??? i want to reset the router's config so i can use to for a site-to-site vpn with i Cisco ASA 5510 (since some time ago it had being used as adsl modem for a SOHO)

5 Replies 5

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

the latest is c870-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T5.bin

Ok now i have 1 more question, should i contact the Cisco resseler company that provides us with cisco gear to give me the new IOS because i don't think i have permission to download it from here.

Thanks for your replay a.alekseev

really appreciated !

Ioannis

To start with the obvious question - is this router covered under a maintenance contract? If so you should be able to get an update to the IOS. If it is not covered under a maintenance contract then yes you should contact the reseller and ask them about getting a newer version of IOS.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Either way i dont have access to dowload it.

I believe all our gear has maintenance contract and an expensive one too !

Ioannis

If the router is covered by a maintenance contract then whoever issues and manages the maintenance contract should be able to get a code update for you.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card