cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

qos on 2651

is66rlhntadm
Level 1
Level 1

as a practice I'm trying to setup qos on my home router but so far it hasn't worked

heres what I've tried so far

------------------------------

class-map match-all Xbox360

match ip dscp 8

policy-map Xbox360

class Xbox360

priority 208 310

interface fastethernet 0/0

service-policy output Xbox360

class-map match-all game

match access-group 101

policy-map game

class game

set ip dscp 8

access-list 101 permit ip host 10.2.0.11 any

access-list 101 deny ip any any

interface fastethernet 0/1.3

service-policy input game

---------------------------

I tried wireshark on the 360 to see if it had any dscp values coming from it and it didn't

any ideas?

could my 2924M-XL switch be interfering with dscp values?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!

you can check with the "sh policy-map interface fa0/1.3" to see if the counters for class-map game is increasing and packets are getting marked.

Also a 2924 switch could interfere and reset the dscp values to 0. Please see if the "mls qos trust dscp" is configured on the 2924 ports.

Regards,

Niranjan

(pls rate the post if helpful)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!

you can check with the "sh policy-map interface fa0/1.3" to see if the counters for class-map game is increasing and packets are getting marked.

Also a 2924 switch could interfere and reset the dscp values to 0. Please see if the "mls qos trust dscp" is configured on the 2924 ports.

Regards,

Niranjan

(pls rate the post if helpful)

the 2924m-xl doesn't have the mls command

thats why I was hopeing to reset the dscp on all packets from 10.2.0.11

the 2924m-xl can only go up to 12.0 IOS

the 2651 can only go up to 12.3 ios both are at the latest IOS release that they can

I just re-entered the config and did the "sh policy-map interface fa0/1.3" and the packet count is going up

what is a good priority to set?

Hi!

So that means that the traffic is getting marked... there must be something which is resetting the DSCP.

The priority reserves the bandwidth for that traffic class. So it must be set to any value that wyou want to guarantee to the traffic.

Regards,

Niranjan

Can you SPAN (monitor session) the egress port and run wireshark on the probe to see if the traffic is sent as marked? This will point towards the 2900 for any resets.

Regards,

Niranjan

I think its working now

the link from router to switch is a trunk and the 2924 won't do port monitor on a trunk

I don't think there would be much point in seeing the return data

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card